Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yersterday's Activities

Finally made the decision that I can't afford to build a whole new rabbit tent. Just can't. So we're going to erect a different tent for the bunnies (another portable garage).

We'll use the current one for storing stuff in which will keep the back yard much tidier and give me an outdoor workplace and well as a place to put new bunnies, extra bunnies, growers and the like.

Jim is even thinking about buying a garage to put the trailer into. Means we'll be short on space in the backyard for the winter BUT our yard will be cleaner, our trailer kept safe from the elements and that all round is a good thing. And having a tent makes it nicer for doing my yearly yard sale as well.

But yesterday was a busy day.
  • Started dumping dirt down on the new rabbitry site so make the ground more level.
  • Pulled up the bulbs that don't like being out in cold weather. Freecycled half of them.
  • Brought all the houseplants in from outdoors. Actually managed on Tuesday to find new homes for three of them.
  • Took Justin to playgroup...this is a group that he goes to by himself. Gives me 1.5 hours of totally free time. He found that difficult at first, had fun, but is worried about the next time he'll be going.
  • Put together our new pressure washer.
  • Tried to get it to work, it didn't want to cooperate with me. It ended up working for Jim. Go figure.
  • I replaced the boards on one of the racks. the old ones were fairly stinky. These new ones help reduce the rabbitry odour and should stay clean. I hope. May need to fine tune how I do it all...we'll give it a week to see.
  • Got rid of the pile of dirt where the old rose garden used to be.
  • Got a new drill. This is MY drill. But I'll let Jim use it. :) But it's MINE!!!! Meant only for doing jobs that I can do. Not a big one, not an expensive one, just one that will do what I want it to do.
  • took new pics of all baby bunnies and posted them on the website AND blog. Soon they'll be up on kijiji.
  • talked with Pete a bit, Jim did too. he was mowing the lawn at church.
  • One of Slip's is a broken grey, and is female so I have it presold already. YEAH!!!! Slip is an amazing doe, I'm really proud of her. Silly yes, but I am.
Jobs I need to accomplish today
  • clean kitchen
  • fold laundry
  • play with the boy
  • dump more dirt down on the rabbitry site
  • see if I can empty one compost bin...that would be very nice
  • see if I have enough time to move one garden
  • talk with hubby
  • make supper of some sort. Perhaps soup. We could do that. it can cook all afternoon in the crock pot.
Jim says I always bite off more than I can chew, but I figure it's better to have a big list than one that's too small. :)

No comments: