Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Family Christmas Gathering

So yesterday, Jim's mom joined us as we went to my family Christmas gathering.

For the most part, we had a LOT of fun.
I was a bit of a forgetful person and didn't bring a change of clothing and diaper for the boy child, so after he had a rather long nap he had soaked through what he had brought so he ended up saying these wet clothes are uncomfortable and ran around pants-less. Ah well...he is just a wee lad. Led to a bit of a battle at the end of the day....Caroline had a forgotten GIRLS pull-up in her car, Justin did NOT want to wear it, he wanted his CARS (boys) pull-up and this minnie mouse was just not going to cut it. With some sweet talking and quiet time with mommy and then a good distraction from his oma we managed to get them on for the car ride home (I insisted because he hadn't pooped yet! and that was a mess I didn't want to deal with in the car) Turned out to be a wisely won battle. :)

For food we had lasagna, taco casserole, and egg/meat casserole that I brought. Jim also brought the leftovers of salad he made for our at home dinner. Mom provided desserts and buns. Jim's mom also brought a couple of desserts. The food was good. :) Conversation around the dinner table was good.

We read the Christmas story, mom read an interesting piece that she found in the paper, and Jim read a story with a Christmas theme he had found for the Church program.

We also had a gift exchange: mom gave us our amaryllis. this is a yearly tradition and one that I very much look forward too. :) This year she gave money to the Christian Blind Mission (I think I have the right mission) on our behalf as well. Thought that was rather cool. Justin gave out his jars of candy that he helped make. Most everyone thought that was rather cute. I think I had chosen well with the small gifts that I chose for everyone. They seemed happy none-the-less and all I aim for is a smile on people's faces.

Mine sister Judy gave me some new figures for my village. Justin got a Mighty Machines DVD and a whack of cars/trucks. Boy....did he have fun playing with those. took them all to bed with him too! :) Took him a while to wind down from a busy day having ALL his family together and new trucks and cars to play with.

Life was good.

Oh....can't forget the bunnies. Brother Fred and his family gave us their rabbits. These bunnies were purchased for the girls but weren't being appreciated (aka played with) anymore so Fred had asked back in November (I think) if we wanted them. He told me they were small bunnies so I expected bunnies the size of what we have here at home. WRONG! They might not be big meat rabbits....but they are definitely bigger than what we have here at home. :) They are currently housed in the garage until I can figure out where to put them next. I'm thinking I might put them outside in the bigger cage (it's well wind protected though not warm) and put the three smallest bunnies in the garage in my big cage...they'll have more room that way. I'd have to build them bigger nesting boxes though...... but no rush on that.

Must admit though, I am looking forward to having a nice quiet day at home today. :)

No comments: