Wednesday, March 15, 2006

MY CURRENT READING

I thought I would post some of the books I am currently reading.

I usually read more than one book at a time, although I sometimes wonder if that is a good way to really dig into a book.

Currently I am reading the following:


Princeton and Preaching: Archibald Alexander and the Christian Ministry
Author: James M. Garretson

This is a wonderful book that I am reading for the Pastor's reading group I am part of. It speaks of how vital personal piety and preaching go hand in hand. I have not finished it yet, but I have read enough to recommend it to fellow pastors.

What We Are
Author: David Bast

This book deals with the various pictures of Christian ministers found in Paul's letters to the Corinthians. I found the topic interesting when I first heard about this book, and since I could get it from Word's of Hope for free, I thought I would check it out. It is an easy read, and is a good reminder of how ministry is described in Scripture.

No comments: