Tuesday, November 29, 2011

it's been a spell

Since I last posted on our blog here... I'm actually thinking of just merging my blogs.. but not exactly sure about that.

anyways, what's been happening in our household for the past bit?

the lad has a fascination with spiders lately. Wants to trap them, keep them, feed them and what not. They do unfortunately die though... at least that's unfortunate in his eyes. Me.. I don't much mind that they die. he's captured a variety of interesting ones though. Some that just lives in houses, some that mostly you just see outside, and some that seem to live everywhere. The outside ones, I have to admit, they stay outside. This is what old aquariums are for.

he's also captured a whole whack of lady bugs. he's got them in a different aquarium that is packed full of leaves. We're seeing if they will survive the winter that way. We read that they live under fallen leaves and wood over the winter so he's testing that theory out.

Hubby's knee has been a bit of a bother lately. So he's been hobbling around off and on. He still can't work out properly but he's developed a routine that mostly works for him. He can't do squats, and he can't solely weight bear on that leg either. he has surgery booked for next October, our family doctor is going to see if she can't get him in earlier with a different doctor.

Me... well.. seems I'm hitting menopause early. It's caused some oddness in how I feel in my head, and most of the time I can control it. Doc says in time it will pass and to just bear through it. If it gets beyond me I'm to talk to her. I'm not completely there, but mostly. Life continues.

My rabbits have been for the most part doing well. I lost a litter in the early fall... not entirely sure why, but the does second litter had an issue as well so I think genetics played a role in that, as well as the weather. I find that bunnies die more easily in the cold wet weather than they do any other time of the year, if if they are under shelter and well protected. Bothers me, but all I can do is try to breed hardier animals.

the cats are doing well. Chase is due to have surgery soon. he's becoming too much cat and we'd like to just stop that. :) Milo still retains a bit of a sneeze from when he was ill, but for the most part is better. I need to get them into the vet this week for their shots.

what else???

Homeschooling continues... some days being better than others.

The gardens have been mostly all well manured and put to bed for the winter. I haven't done a thing with the flower gardens.. next spring awaits as I simply don't think the weather will cooperate at this point so that I can get them done. I think I'll ask one of the moms to take the lad for a couple nice days in the spring so I can work hard on them (hopefully with hubby's help). Then the lad can help with the rest of it.

And I think that's all I have in my noggin this morning. Cheers!

No comments: