Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rice Krispy Balls/squares

So for the past two weeks I"ve been trying to find the time and the boy will power to make rice krispy squares. I wanted to make them WITH the boy child and he's been steadfastly refusing.

But yesterday I said "I want to make rice krispies, anyone want to help?"
"I help mom, I want to come too".

So we made rice krispies.

I mixed and stirred while marshmallows melted. Justin threw them in the pan and ate as he went (good thing we had extras) :). I stirred in the rice krispies...even to the point of breaking one of my wooden spoons. It was fun.

Once ready, most went into a pan. Some made it into balls...those balls were promptly eaten by a boy child. the squares well....let's just say a certain OTHER boy (man) thought he should eat them too. Rice krispies....meant for Christmas..might not make until then. :) ah well...they are a perennial crowd favourite aren't they?

No comments: