Thursday, May 03, 2007

Well, it's built :)

So our new form of income and dog food has now been housed a bit more properly and they are OUTSIDE! Yes! No more male mice smell in our house! YEAH!!!! :)

I built a pen! yes me! Jim helped a bit with some cutting and suggestions and drilled holes, but for the most part I built it my own self! :) It's not perfect, but that's okay.

Wooden box for our mice to live in, in the great outdoors. Protected all around with metal to prevent errant chewing and escaping. Three houses in one box. They may eventually chew their way between houses, but I'll cross that bridge when (and if) I get there.

The only thing I forgot to do was add handles, that I'm not to sure how to add. So for now moving it will be a bit of a challenge. Since it's only 3 feet long and 15 inches wide, it isn't too heavy to just lug about though.

Only one grouping of mice is not outside yet, but that is due to the litter they are currently rearing. They will go outside in about 4 weeks. :) Hopefully one of those wee ones will be a boy and we can use him as a breeder. Even if we sell the babies for $1 a piece they will help provision our dogs with food. More then they would provide themselves! YEAH! Wouldn't that be nice? :)

I'll be keeping the field mice for another couple of weeks yet to see if any of them get "with child" if they don't... then I'll kill them as I'll need the cage soon anyways to raise wee boyo's.

No comments: