Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day Two of Jim being gone

Plan was to have a relaxing day after being busy, so busy yesterday with doctor's appointment, visiting, gramma over and mommy going out. That was our plan.

We walked the dogs, discovered that it was better if Brutis came over for a visit rather than us walking him. So he came over. That meant a short walk, instead of leisurely, and a quick removal of bunnies from backyard as Brutis (Boo) likes to chase and kill living things.

Once Boo settled down Justin and I headed out to Rona to see about getting some quick crete for the front bed. Gabby was on, gave us a 10% discount on the materials. Since I only had the car, Gabby offered ever so graciously to bring them to my place on his lunch break. :) Thanks Gabby! :)

Home.. realized that all the branches the deacons cut down were piled on top of the composter so thought I would clean that up. Took a while with a little boy helping. Cut what I could up for firewood, put the rest into a pile for later burning in our hopefully soon to be built fire pit.

Started to clean out the trailer. Justin decided it was a good time to go back into the house and wanted/asked/no demanded that mommy come with him. So that task ended.

Ended up watching Thomas the train for a while. Had lunch while watching Berenstain bears (it was a hit!). Justin laid down for a nap, I finished up the tree branches, did some weeding, moved the bunnies around, and then Jim called and we chatted for a bit. When he left to go to his meeting, I attempted to pump up tire on wheelbarrow. 15 minutes later I realized that wasn't working! ARGH!!!!! Chatted with Audrey for a moment about it all.

Can't work on front garden!!!! I'm frustrated just a tad.

So worked on computer a bit.

Did something else.. oh..hung out the sleeping bags on the line. :)

When Justin got up we took Sassy for a walk. Stopped at the park to play a while. Justin was hesitant about coming home, but came along well enough when he saw mommy had a bottle of juice for him. Half way home I hear "supper, supper" coming out of his mouth... think he was getting hungry?

YES! he ate pork roast (slow-cooked) and applesauce and peas and french fries. He then had LOADS of fun helping mommy do the dishes. He was just too cute.

I gave him a dish to wash. He scrubbed it diligently. Would pick it up look at it, I would ask him if it was clean "mope" would be the response and he would plunge it back into the water and diligently scrub it again. Our dishes have never been so clean! :) Mind you..that's only our light weight plastics that I gave him. I'm not silly enough to give him glass (well..not anymore!) :)

he went to bed late... 1015! ARGH! not my idea of fun, but he had a great snack before bed so hopefully will sleep well and not be starving in the morning. :) Anyways, time for me to head off as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I see by your ticker up top that Justin is almost 2! Less than a month!

Just wanted you to know that I stopped by. :)