Thursday, June 22, 2006

Our anniversary

Jim and I have been married, as of today at around 2 p.m. (I think) for four whole years. They been good years, filled with some tough moments, but also times of gladness and joy.

Times of sadness: arguements with each other over stupid things, loss of a child, watching Riley dog get older and stiffer, death of people in church and so forth.

Times of gladness: watching Riley play again when he switched over to a BARF diet, birth of our son, guinea pigs, The Royal winter fair (yearly), new friendships, and a whole host of more.

We've grown in our relationship with each other.

I've learned to appreciate him in ways that I never imagined.

I've grown in my relationship to God. Never expected marriage to impact that!

I'm a parent! Sometimes I'm still in shock! :) I so expected to live my life as a contented single woman. And now I'm living my life as a more or less contented married woman with a child! God is so full of surprises at times. :)

Praise be to his name!

So we are now at four years and counting....I wonder how many more we will get until God takes us home.... Good thing I can't see into the future. Makes me treasure each day that I have.

No comments: