Sunday, June 11, 2006

Justin and garage-saling

Yesterday was Saturday.

One thing that Justin is learning about Saturday's in the summer is that his mom-mom likes to go garage-saling. For those of you who have NO CLUE about what that means... it means that his mom-mom likes to check out all the yard sales around town (and anywhere else she sees one).

Yesterday we started off our day at the Fireman's Breakfast. Good food. Justin didn't eat he was too busy gaping at all the people around him. Jim had a huge breakfast, I ate what I could. Nice to support these men.

THEN>>>>> we went garage-saling. What fun!
1. Jen's sale - Justin got a barking dog, a puzzle box that makes noise, and an orange thing that you pull a lever and it tells a nursery rhyme.
2. Other sales - I got a neat scrapbooking sticker page, some free clothes hangers (I needed 10 she gave me a whole whack of them), a barney truck (you know...the purple dinasour that parents love to hate), and... Justin's new favourite toy!

This was a BRAND NEW... as in never been used, still in all the packaging. Shelcore Sort'n See. $5 only! I was impressed.

Justin had so much fun with it. I showed him how the blocks fit through the holes. He didn't get it. I showed him how the lid fits on. Well my goodness! First the blocks go in the bucket (without lid), then out of the bucket (repeat several times) and THEN!!!! the blocks go in the bucket one at a time with the lid going on after each of them. Boy oh boy...what a very intrigued young fellow he was. :)

Very fun to watch him learn and experience and explore.

No comments: