Sunday, January 11, 2009

Scrapbooking with a toddler helping

Jim was tired today, so I thunk to myself...how do I feel like I'm relaxing today WHILE keeping the boy child quiet and out of his father's hair?

Scrapbooking!

yes...I actually dared to try to scrapbook with a toddler.

it was actually fairly fun.

We looked through albums, laughing and talking about how much he has changed.
We looked through pictures and figured out which ones we wanted to scrap with, and which were "HIS!" (those we put in a small album of his own), and which ones would wait for another day.

Then we actually worked at it.
It takes MUCH longer to actually do it when a toddler helps. :)
It means you add things you didn't intend to .... like train and car pictures. It means usually toddler words to explain things. it means using markers that he chooses.

It was a good time together and I think worked to meet the ends of all concerned.

No comments: