Friday, January 02, 2009

Our buggy visiting his grandparents

Sierra and Marisa (my second oldest brothers' children) are visiting my parents Thursday - Saturday. Mom mentioned that if I wanted, Justin could come as well. This way Justin can visit Oma and Papa and get to know them better while the work load of caring for a toddler is not too much for Oma.

Justin likes playing with Sierra though he says..."she's bossy", but then in his next breathe tells me "but she plays Thomas with me". So it all kind of evens out for him I think. :) Sierra for the most part plays well with him too...mostly remembering that he is three and not eight so patience is sometimes called for. :)

I like my boy getting to know his extended family. I do hope to instill in him the importance of family in him. Not just caring for immediate family but seeing that family has a broader picture to it. This will help I think in him seeing that the family of God is bigger than just our immediate circle but includes people beyond as well.

We'll be picking Justin up again on Saturday when we have a big family get together in Drayton. Should be fun.

Having Justin away allows Jim and I a bit of breather room too...after a month of various illnesses striking our household...it's good to just relax and not have to be too concerned about much beyond each other. :) We even had a chance to sit for a while. Was good that. :)

No comments: