Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rainy Day

So... our life.

1. We miss our Riley dog, but it's getting better. Justin noticed today. he walked around the house today saying "an riley too? riley hidin?" What do you say to that? All I could say was "No buddy, Riley is all gone now."

2. Jim was away at Classis all day. Left at 530, arrived back at 5 p.m. He's tired. Says it was a good meeting.

3. Our van, the bearings need to be replaced.

4. Jim leaves to go up north probably next Tuesday. He will be missed. He is not sure yet if he is taking Sassy with him or not. Pros and Cons both ways. He's going camping in the cold with a bunch of men.

5. Harry's boys will take care of our critters the week that we're away. I'll pay them $10 for their trouble. They are just old enough to do it now. :) Peter is excited about taking care of the mice. :)

6. Mom and Dad are moving. I go up Monday to help. Jim is hoping the van will be done early in the a.m so it's done and out of the way. Kinda needs it fixed so that he can take it up north.

7. Justin is for the most part, potty trained at home during the day, as long as he isn't wearing pants. Going away is harder, and we're still figuring that one out. Good thing as his cloth diapers don't fit very good anymore and we've kinda given up on them.

8. Justin's room has been "fall-cleaned". All reorganized. He was a bit scared to go to bed tonight as it all looked so different. I lay down with him for one minute talking about his room and how his crib is the same, and mommy sleeps in her own room and he's just fine in his room. and such like. He settled down nicely after that.

9. Justin struggles with me going to work on Fridays. Yesterday and today he kept asking...Mommy home now? Mommy stay home now? AH!!!!! Makes me wonder how women do it all the time. How can they leave their little ones behind to go to work? I don't figure it too well. These two days make me want to just chuck the job. But I won't. I know he's fine. He is with his father. Life is good. :) Helps me pay off my credit cards, helps me get stuff that we as a family need. But ah....just tugs at me old heart strings it does....

Anyways, that's it. I have a dog to amble. Rabbits to catch and dishes to get done. Tomorrow is Sunday! YEAH!!! We get to worship God as a corporate body. :) Life is good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette,

It sounds like you are all adjusting well to the continual changes in a family's life. Keep on!

Blessings,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sounds like you are busy with a multitude of things! It is good to hear what is happening in your life! Things are nuts as usual around here - corn season doesn't help!! lol!! Ttyl!!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you guys! I can relate to the challenges of working - I figure I'm wrecked for a full time 9-5 job now - not even considering the boys' reactions to me working (lol)! I'm sure it will get easier as Justin figures out the new routine. By the way, where are you working - or did I miss that?

When I was struggling with whether or not to accept work that would take me away from home for a few days at a time (overnights included) God challenged me by asking "can you trust James and me with your kids?" Of course, that was a no brainer, but it helped me put things into perspective.

Cathi

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear of the news of your family! We are staying pretty busy with our kids' education, and with the typical things of dentist, orthodontist, and so on - but doing okay.

Thanks a lot for your update.

Take care!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating me, Annette. So good to learn of all that is going on with you.

I'll bet that Justin is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Hello Annette
haven't talked with you for ages,I did'nt know you were working again.Were are you working? Yes I know it is hard to leave Justen,but might be good for you to get out too.
hope to talk soon Annette.
Lida