Thursday, December 07, 2006

Rather Unpleasant Past Month

Those of you who check in here regularly may have noticed that we have not posted anything for a fairly long time. The reason for that is that for the past 4 weeks or so, at least one of us (often more than one) has been ill. It all started at the start of the second week of November with a stomach ailment that first Justin got, then Annette and finally myself. That lasted for two to three weeks. Just as we got over that and were feeling more ourselves, I came down with something else that made me feel absolutely horrible. That only lasted several days, but during that time Justin got a cold. Annette got it as well and lost her voice. Now I have the cold with a wonderful congested chest that results in lots of coughing at night. That means little sleep for myself and Annette who I keep awake. That is where we are now. Thankfully, Justin seems to be getting over it, and Annette has her voice back for the most part. I am hoping that my cold will go quickly as well.

All this has made Annette wonder if we have a mold problem in our house. I guess it is possible. When I moved in 8 years back there was a smell in the house. As the years went by I started to get colds and respitory infections more frequently that lasted longer than normal. Eventually we traced the culprit to the sub-floor in the basement which when pulled up had mold covering the whole bottom of it.

Once that was removed things got much better, but lately it seems things are getting worse. Justin seems to have colds all the time, especially now that the windows are closed because of the cold winter weather, and neither Annette nor myself are feeling that good either. I'm not sure if the house is infected with mold or not, but if this continues we will have to find out.

Now you know why we haven't posted for a while on our blog.

No comments: