Friday, March 28, 2008

Update on my Hand

So it's been 5 days.
My hand is getting a better. It still has moments of "ouch"....sometimes of my own doing when I forget it and try to push off something with it. NOT a good idea by the by.

The smallish blisters around the outside of my hand are going away.

The three-four large blisters haven't busted open which is good...gives the skin underneath a chance to heal.

The large area on my thumb doesn't ache constantly and actually looks pretty good. :)
The large area on my palm is still sore, but it's in a area where it feels every twinge of movement, it's healing more slowly but I'm okay with that, since it makes sense to me.

I'm not falling asleep for no apparent reason during the day anymore. and yesterday I had so much energy in me I could almost burst. I used that energy to do up the church newsletter and to start a webpage for my small critter business.

I see the Practical Nurse today at the Doctor's office. I'm imagining she'll give re-wrap it all up and then give me some more bandages for wrapping (or I'll have to buy something which is fine). I'm hoping to find a new pair of dress pants today to replace the ones damaged in the fire. Oh, and I'll need some pants for work as well....those I'm hoping to find at value village or a thrift store somewhere.

On a practical note - If I'm careful I can catch a jumping boy child (using my wrist instead of my hand). :) If I wrap my hand in plastic I can have a shower! :) I can't manage dishes yet. If I wrap my hand in a bag I can pick up baby bunnies to check on them :)

My parents were great with taking Justin for four days. He did really well with them. Was a happy boy and listened and slept when he aught to and so forth. Showed Oma his strong sense of determination at times, Her comment "he certainly knows his own mind doesn't he?" :) Oma learned that when he's a hungry boy child that he is definitely a hungry boy child. :) And that yes...he likes being tickled (as long as one doesn't overdo it). He plays really nicely by himself said Mom and Dad to me, more than once. So it was good to hear a good report back. It's like I know my boy is a good boy with strong determination....but it's good to hear the same from others. :)

4 comments:

jen said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're improving! I know what it's like when you are limited because of an injury. I found when I had a PICC line in my arm that showers were a challenge indeed!

I'm looking through your 'pet store'. Really neat!

Annette said...

Whatever did you need a pic line for jen? Was this back when your health was not so good and you weren't sure what all was going on?

Glad you like my pet store. I'm hoping J sleeps tomorrow afternoon, then I can do more on it. :)

jen said...

I was on it for quite a few weeks when I first contracted Crohn's disease. I had lost about 25 pounds and needed it for nutrition. That's the short answer. :)

I hope you're still healing nicely!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad that your hand is doing somewhat better, too, Annette. It must be painful, and hard to adjust to trying to do things while injured!

Thank you for your note - I'll write to you soon!

Love, Holly