Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dad's Birthday Party

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid computer..... Now I have the fun of doing this all over again!!!!!!!! Stupid computer crashing after I had just inputted the WHOLE DAY!!! ARGH!!!!

Okay, rant over now. :)

Did you know my dad is now 72 years old? Isn't that a great reason to have a b-day party? yes, he did. He invited all us local family members over for dinner and visit.

Our family had the audacity to arrive first!!! Can you believe it? We NEVER arrive first for family stuff ever! When we got there, we actually wondered if we somehow got the date wrong. :)

Anyways, turned out well, Justin had napped before we got there so he was alert and ran eagerly for the toy closet (funny how quick they learn where that is). Hauled out all the cars he could get his little hands on and was off having fun. We had a nice visit.

Fred and his girls arrived (Caroline at coffeebreak rally) around 1230ish, mom started dinner. We had roast beef, mashed taters, green beans, peas and slightly frozen applesauce (my fav). Bill arrived just as we were starting to eat (great timing). it was so easy making more room for him. It was good food! Justin had started a wee bit early which turned out nice for me, I got to eat MOST of meal while it was warm (instead of having to help him eat). I still had to help him, but not as fast. :) We all ate too much I think. :)

We had a fruit bowl for dessert.

After lunch we spread out a bit. Sierra and I went to the basement, played a rousing game of multi-puck air hockey. Then used the blackboard for a while. Justin joined us for a great scribbling contest. Sierra won! :)

Justin played with big trucks while I loaded the van with garage sale items from mom's basement.

Just as we were about to leave (due to tired Justin) Judy, son Shane and hubbie Henry arrived. So we visited outside with them for a while. Mom announced cake, icecream and strawberries just before we wanted to head off again, so.... we stayed a bit longer. Still think we all ate too much! BUT mmmm.....cake, ice cream.....Strawberries...YUM!

Nancy our newest neighbour, was outside when we got home so Justin and I visited for a bit. Turns out Owen (her son) is 9 years old now and was celebrating that achievement in life. She gave Justin a left over goodie bag. :)

Transferred garage sale stuff to basement, walked the boy and the dogs, and then relaxed with Thomas the train. Justin just LOVES thomas.... :) tain tain is a frequent cry in our household these days.

And that was our day. I'm tired, yes, I really should do those dishes...all 8 of them....but I'm really bagged and my bed is calling loudly to me. :) Good night!

No comments: