Thursday, October 12, 2006

October 11

My mom and sister and sister-in-law have this yearly tradition. Each year they spend one day out shopping for clothes together. I've tended not to go along. I can't say I'm real keen on clothes shopping. I do the minimum and now that I'm married, my hubbie takes care of that for me a lot. I tell him I need new stuff, and he keeps his eye out. He has more of a knack for it than I do. :) Who would have expected that as a good side-benefit of being married!

But yesterday Justin and I chose to go out with them. My aunt is visiting from Holland so it made for a nice day out. I went up the night before and it was really cool.. my aunt showed me all the pictures of her grandchildren (my cousins and their kids). It was fun to get to know them a wee bit. :) My mom wanted to get a new Sunday outfit for the fall/winter as she needed a new outfit.

Since I HATE shopping for clothes I said I'd go for the morning only, besides the fact that staying all day would be too hard for Justin to do. But thought it would be fun to get out with the ladies. It was!

Justin and I took breaks and went to the disney store where he climbed up this mountain of stuffies. He tried hard to convince me that he needed not one but TWO winnie the pooh stuffies. at $25 I said...I THINK NOT! He cried but...ah well, a boy needs to learn he can't have EVERYTHING he wants. :)

Mom didn't have success before lunch. We ate at Subway in the food court. Justin loved the kids toy that came with lunch. Then off to the pet store to enjoy the critters there. Justin just LOVED the mice. Just absolutely fascinated by them. :) We had fun, but then off to the car while Justin napped as I drove home. I went home a different way, called Jim when I wasn't sure where to turn and got home in two hours. It was a good day away and I'm glad I went along this year. :)

No comments: