Friday, July 21, 2006

Our breakfast reading....

One of the things that Justin and I do at breakfast is read a book.

I tend to be done breakfast before Justin is, so while I am waiting for him to finish I read from a book. I know that he's a bit young for the books I'm reading to him, but I figure the words are good for him to hear. I do occasionally paraphrase passages for him though.

The book that we most recently read was Heidi.

It was a good book to read. In the process I discovered that Jim has never read this delightful little book. One of the things that I most appreciated about it, was how it continually points people to praying to God. That God answers questions and requests in ways that we don't always expect. I plan to read it to/with Justin again as he gets matures abit in his understanding.

I'm not sure which book I'm going to read with him next. I"m thinking..."my teacher is a martian" but I"m not sure. :)

For the curious I also read him books that are more at his age level throughout the day. Yesterday he was quite taken with "brown bear, brown bear what do you see". He wanted it read over and over and over again. :) I do have to admit...I got a bit tired of it after the sixth go through, even with making different voices for each of the critters and colours listed within.

No comments: